Sootchy Inc. is a fast growing fintech startup with a passion for solving one of the country’s most challenging problems: student loan debt. We started with the idea that all children should benefit from higher education, without the crippling debt that comes with student loans. Using AI enhanced financial planning, the power of community, and tax efficient incentives, we’re on a mission to remove the need for student loans.
Using advanced technology, we have created an easy way for students and families to save for higher education. Our quest is to eradicate the $1.5 trillion in existing student loan debt as well as help all 74 million Americans under the age of 19 afford a college education without the burden of student loans. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do extraordinary things every day. We are experts in our field, but active learners. We are highly collaborative and move fast on executing ideas. Through our work, we aim to have a positive impact on the world.
The Content Marketing Manager oversees the development of marketing communications strategies that support Sootchy’s mission. The position is responsible for creating, writing, and editing copy content for a wide range of marketing communications initiatives and strategically.
- Conceive and write innovative copy across marketing channels including web, social, digital, email, print and signage/collateral
- Create a consistent and engaging ‘voice’ for Sootchy
- Build strategies to elevate and position the brand
- Oversee and generate content for press releases, case studies and testimonials
- Oversee the development and execution of a content/editorial calendar
- Spearhead social media strategy and content development
- Collaborate, concept and write compelling scripts for video content
- Measure and optimize content on a regular and ongoing basis
- Develop editorial governance to ensure content consistency with brand voice, style and tone
- Research facts to ensure accuracy and eliminate errors and misstatements
- Research industry trends, collect and compile articles and information from internal and external resources for the company’s use
The successful candidate for this role will:
- Have a portfolio featuring a wide range of creative writing (short-form, long-form, etc.)
- Have high-level writing and editing experience
- Have expert knowledge in SEO best practices
- Have high-level knowledge of various styles of writing (AP, APA, MLA, Web, etc)
- Have impeccable attention to detail and quality of marketing materials developed
- Have an excellent understanding of the use of writing to accurately convey emotion and effectively deliver the information for the intended audience
What does it take to be considered?
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in English, journalism, communications, business, advertising, public relations or related field, MBA preferred
- Five or more years of professional experience in content management or high-level copywriting
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word and Excel). Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a bonus