Our company, Sootchy Inc. is a dynamic AI-driven fintech startup focused on changing the World by helping people achieve their financial goals. We are currently working to eradicate the $1.5 trillion in student debt held today by 46 million Americans as well as helping all 74 million Americans currently under the age of 19 afford a college education without the huge burden of student loans.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join us in Downtown Los Angeles, CA, and help us leverage solutions that include matching techniques, machine learning, and graph theory to resolve entities across disparate data sets. Sootchy is building a revolutionary product so we need a Data Scientist to dig into data and try to predict and quantify user behavior, map out certain client’s journeys, and decide on what features to push to production. Ultimately, these entity relationships will be used to build models that will be incorporated into the Sootchy Platform.
What You'll Do:
As a Data Scientist, you will:
- Guide the development of analytics data platform at Sootchy
- Collaborate with the engineering team to define, design and develop enterprise analytics data sets at scale.
- Create, measure, and analyze various KPIs to inform decisions and support recommendations across the company
- Implement innovative quantitative analyses, apply data wrangling techniques, and experiment with new visualization and data governance tools
- Foster a culture of transparency: act as the main liaison between other departments to ensure data accuracy and uniform understanding of key metrics
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills
- 2+ years of professional experience programming in Python. Experience programming with additional languages, such as Java, Scala, R, or C highly preferred.
- 2+ years of experience building machine learning based solutions. Strong candidates will demonstrate how the solution they developed leveraged machine learning to increase the ROI on prior projects.
- Experience building recommendation systems is highly preferred.
- 2+ years of experience with dashboarding tools like Tableau or similar (Periscope Data is a plus)
- 2+ years of experience with SQL (BigQuery and MySQL is a plus)
- 1+ years of experience working with AWS product suite (e.g. Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, Chalice, etc.)
- 2+ years building scalable solutions using Hadoop/Spark based technologies
- Experience building data retrieval solutions (e.g. web crawlers/scrapers, locating rich data sources) highly preferred
- Ability to take vague requirements and transform them into concise deliverables
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Mathematics or similar
- Expertise in data governance, cataloging, and analytics data management
- Prior experience at a tech company is a plus
You will love:
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Health, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Refrigerator full of food and drinks
- Experience the growth of a company from up close and be an instrumental part of molding who we are
- Leave a mark on an industry that is still in its infancy